Monday, March 16, 2020

BOREDOM BUSTERS!


Hey Families!  I was so bummed to hear the news that we were taking this week off as well as next week.  But, I am thankful that my kiddos are tucked away safe from all the icky germs that are floating around right now.  Please feel free to reach out to me with whatever you need over the next couple of weeks.  I will do my best to help you out.

I thought I would make blog post with some fun things for your little one to check out that doesn't require leaving the comfort of your own home!

VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS!

San Diego Zoo  The San Diego Zoo has a live feed of apes, baboons, condors, elephants, giraffes, koalas, owls, pandas, penguins, polar bears and tigers.  In addition to getting to see each of the animals, there are fun games and activities your child can play!

Monterey Bay Aquarium The Monterey Bay Aquarium has a handful of live animal cams.  The kids might really get a kick out of these since we are learning about the ocean right now!  If they really are enjoying the live feeds have them write about it in their journals that were sent home on Friday or send me a message on SeeSaw and let me know!

Cincinnati Zoo - The Cincinnati Zoo is doing a Facebook live everyday at 2:00 central time with a different animal.  Today they fed the hippos!  It was really exciting to watch!  Click here to see the hippo video.   In addition to their daily live videos, they have quite a few more cute videos of the animals with information about each animal.  I was surprised to learn today that hippos do not swim!

Scholastic- Scholastic has lots of different books and lessons for learning at home for all grade levels!

Mo Willems.... our favorite Elephant and Piggie author is doing Lunch Doodles with Mo every day!  Check that out by clicking here for the first day.  You will be able to find the other days by searching Lunch Doodles with Mo on YouTube!

Please feel free to do any, or all of these activities with your child!  My goal is to not overwhelm you with information and ideas, but give you resources to help your child continue to learn and grow over the next couple of weeks.   I would love to hear from your child through email or SeeSaw!  Let me see how they are keeping themselves occupied! I promise to message them back!

Don't forget to check out the website tab, which will take you the learning sites we use within our classroom as well!  Your child should have his/her log-in information in the packet that came home Friday, but please let me know if you need the information again.

No comments:

Post a Comment